Uluslararası Anıtlar ve Sitler Konseyi Türkiye Milli Komitesi
International Council on Monuments and Sites
ICOMOS International Coordination Meeting on the UN SDGs
Etkinlik Tarihi: 03 Şubat 2018 - 04 Şubat 2018
FEBRUARY 4-5, 2017, ISTANBUL
An international coordination meeting will be held in Istanbul on Feb. 4-5, 2017, convened by the Focal Point for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with the support of the ICOMOS Turkish National Committee and ICOMOS International Secretariat, as part of ICOMOS efforts related to the United Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in particular the Heritage Target (SDG11.4) to “protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage” under the heading of “sustainable cities” (SDG11).
The meeting aims to gather key representatives of ICOMOS International Scientific Committees and National Committees, as well as external guests (representatives of key partners of ICOMOS, local officials and selected local NGOs).
The aim of the meeting is to coordinate and mobilize ICOMOS activities in the 2017-18 cycle toward advancing the cause of ‘heritage as a driver of sustainability’. Expected outcomes are for members of ICOMOS and key partners to have exchanges of information and ideas related to the SDGs, as well as the identification of next steps and role distribution among ICOMOS members.
The meeting is by invitation only, but proceedings will be broadcast live for public viewing.
- Dr. Ege Yildirim, ICOMOS SDG Focal Point (email@example.com)
- Ms. Gaia Jungeblodt, Director, ICOMOS International (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. Elifnaz Durusoy, ICOMOS Turkey (email@example.com)
ICOMOS Mission and Scope of Activities for the SDGs
To steer a coordinated process of advocacy to advance the implementation of UN Agenda 2030- SDGs and Habitat NUA from the perspective of cultural and natural heritage, focusing on Target 11.4, within the framework of the ICOMOS mandate and inputs from strategic partners.
Scope of Activities:
- Localization: Providing guidance and support to stakeholders at national, regional and local level, and across governance sectors (public, private, civil society, experts/professionals-academics)
- Monitoring: Focusing on the official Indicator 11.4.1 defined by the UN (expenditure and share of budgets allocated to heritage) and additional indicators, in particular by following the activities of partners toward localizing implementation
- Advocacy: General advocacy for issues related to heritage within sustainable development, and mainstreaming culture and heritage in general by increasing visibility and outreach
1. The SDGs (“Transforming Our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”): https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld
2. New Urban Agenda (Habitat III outcome document: Quito Declaration on Sustainable Cities and Human Settlements for All): http://unhabitat.org/new-urban-agenda-adopted-at-habitat-iii/
3. ICOMOS Concept Note (Cultural Heritage, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and the New Urban Agenda: ICOMOS Concept Note for the United Nations Agenda 2030 and the Third United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III): http://www.usicomos.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Final-Concept-Note.pdf
Follow us Online:
Twitter: @icomosSDG2030 https://twitter.com/icomosSDG2030
#SDG11.4, #HeritageTarget #CulturalHeritage, #HeritageinSustainability
Copyright © 2018 ICOMOS Türkiye. Tüm hakları saklıdır